- to give the children the knowledge to plant and grow their own vegetables
- to provide fresh produce for the kitchen
- to educate the children on how it is necessary to look after our resources to ensure their continuance
- to give the children an appreciation of how necessary fresh vegetables are to our diet
- to show the children how to prepare the soil to maximise the yield of the plant
Each week the children are given the opportunity to work in their gardens, preparing them for planting, reaping the produce or generally keeping them neat and tidy.